View our Full Range of
View our Full Range of
Title: Technical/Project Manager
Location: Elkridge, MD
The Technical/Project Manager will provide technical support and development to the planning, design, installation, modification, quoting, and operations of our safety barriers and associated products.
The Technical/Project Manager will also manage the Technical Sales Support Team, reporting directly to the CEO. This position will be a vital cross-functional link between sales (external and internal).
PRIMARY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage all aspects of the customer journey from initial quote to installation. Leading and helping to manage the Technical Sales Support team, Order Entry, and Installation Co-Ordination.
• Drive Sales Support team’s knowledge and capability in CAD software
• Implement improvements in external documents such as CAD drawing to improve customer understanding and transparency
• Cost and financial budget control including oversight and cost control of projects.
• Provide technical leadership and direction to the Technical Support Team.
• Oversee the workflow and monitor performance of the Technical Sales Support team.
• Respond to any questions or concerns presented by the Technical Sales Support, or the internal/external sales team.
• Implement procedures to ensure technical accuracy of quotes in line with customer specifications, ensuring external documents, calculations and quotations are reviewed prior to transmission to customers.
• Determine product availability to provide lead times
• Directing workflow and delegating through supervisor to ensure customer needs are exceeded.
• Leading and inspiring team to be their best.
• Agreeing and setting KPIs and their communication to all team members.
• Assist sales team with technical product inquiries
• Manage and oversee installation co-ordination with layout inquiries, reconfigurations, and installation inquiries
• Liaise with international team regarding new product launches
• Prioritize tasks to meet all required deadlines
• Maintain technical and product knowledge, update and add new products including pricing list for sales team
• Responsible for communicating and training in all strategic, technical, and product changes
• Monitor key performance indicators and metrics for business and direct reports.
• Utilize knowledge and problem-solving skills to deliver results.
• Monitor employee performance and trigger corrective action
• Other duties as assigned
• BA Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent or a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role
• Detailed knowledge of AutoCAD is required
• 2 to 3 years of supervisory/team management experience is required
• 1 to 2 years sales support experience is preferred
• Technical leadership and document management systems, including statutory and customer Health & Safety compliance pre and during installation.
• Setting and driving achievement of KPIs/targets.
• Creative thinker able to identify & commercialize opportunities for business growth.
• Prioritizing, time management, and organizational skills
• Positive, motivated, proactive, self-starter with a strong work ethic
• Proficient within MS Office Suite
• Knowledge of MS Dynamics and Oracle NetSuite is preferred
• Experience in diplomatically managing multiple functions
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
• Attention to detail is imperative
• Ability to multi-task and take direction from multiple sources
• You may be required to lift 50-60lbs
• Remaining in a stationary position - sitting for prolonged periods.
• Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers and legs.
• Effectively communicate with others to exchange information