View our Full Range of
View our Full Range of
Title: Head of New Product Introduction
Location: Elland, Halifax
Who We Are & What We Need
A-SAFE is assembling a world class innovation and development team whose purpose is to find unresolved user pains together with disruptive opportunities and develop innovative product, service and business model solutions.
From our headquarters in West Yorkshire we are revolutionising workplace safety by developing mechanical, electronic and software products and need a Head of New Product Introduction to help take us to the next stage of our innovation strategy.
Reporting to the Innovation & Technical Director and being a member of the Innovation & Development Senior Team, you will be responsible for ensuring a smooth handover of new product, service and business developments to Production, Sales and Marketing teams – in essence, you will ensure that all stakeholders are ready for the new product.
The New Product Introduction Team needs an empathetic leader who is experienced in managing complex data and information across multiple stakeholders all whilst building a capable team and introducing modern processes capable of delivering our strategy.
How You Can Help Us
• Work alongside colleagues in the Innovation & Development senior team, defining departmental strategy and tactics in line with company strategy and objectives.
• Support the embedding and growth of departmental and company cultures whilst we continue our rapid growth.
• Lead and manage a team of mechanical engineers, designers, data coordinators, technical support technicians, system specialists and technical experts whilst supporting them in creating industry leading products and the systems and data that allow us manufacture, launch and support.
• Design and implement a world-class process for managing a wide variety of projects as they move from development into reality.
• Build, develop, coach and mentor a team capable of delivering against the company’s and departments strategic and key objectives.
• Deliver projects on time and on budget, constantly ensuring the quality and technical approach of your team strives to be world-class.
• Manage internal relationships with all key stakeholders so new product introduction is a pain free and seamless process.
• Build and implement a technical support framework and team to support it
Other Things We Will Expect You to Do
• Ensure your team is adequality resourced
• Provide technical leadership
• Manage department assets and tools
• Performance manage your team
• Provide technical leadership to the team and wider company
• Develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships
• Live and breathe our pioneering culture
• Drive internal and external collaboration
• Foster and develop team spirit
• Challenge the norm
What We Would Like You to Bring to Our Team
• 10+ years’ experience in a new product development, with a bias towards project completion and new product introduction of mechanical, hardware and software products
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
• Confident user of CAD systems and their supporting tools (we use Autodesk)
• Confident user of manufacturing / business systems and tools such as ERPs and CRMs (we use Microsoft NAV)
• A ferocious eye for detail and data accuracy
• Confident in technical procedures and documentation, including FEA, FMEA, tolerance stack analysis and mechanical testing
• Familiar with innovative product development processes
• History of successfully managing people and resources to deliver engineering programmes
• Experience in managing complex projects, gendering data for a mixed set of stakeholders and managing to keep all of them happy
• A can-do, we can achieve anything mindset
• Experience of working with a variety of materials and manufacturing processes
What We Think Success in This Role Looks Like
You will have successfully implemented a process and framework capable of delivering our strategy whilst building a highly capable team that delivers on their commitments, all whilst seeing levels of collaboration and innovation that support our pioneering culture. All of which will be demonstrated by the happiness and satisfaction of all key stakeholders.